Salvation isn't just about believing some things in your heart so that you can go to heaven. Salvation is also about joining a family (community) of faith where you're on mission together building the Kingdom of God. Community is essential to being a Christ follower for several reasons and there is an inseparable link between your faith in Jesus and your love for his family (the Church).
Ephesians 4:11–16, Hebrews 10:24–25, I Corinthians 12:4–7, 14–20, and 27,
Colossians 3:12–17 and Ephesians 5:25–27
•Salvation is not just about you believing some things so that you can go to
heaven when you die. It is also about belonging to a family (community) of faith
where you’re on mission together building the Kingdom of God.
•The family (community) of faith is essential for...
1. Spiritual growth and maturity (discipleship/sanctification)
3. Utilizing spiritual gifts (ministry/service)
4. Putting into practice the things God calls us to live out... your daily
•Jesus’ love and commitment to the church should compel us to love and be
committed to the church as well.
1. What was most interesting or encouraging to you about the sermon this week?
2. What was most challenging to you about the sermon this week?
3. What brought you to the small group you’re a part of?
4. What difference has small group made in your life or spiritual journey?
5. What hopes do you have for your small group moving forward?
6. The action step this week was to try out a small group or invite someone new
to yours. Obviously, if you’re reading this, you’re in one, but take some time and
discuss how your group can be really proactive in inviting people to join your