Small Group Questions
1. Ephesians 6:10-16 states that having the gospel strapped to our feet will help us to stand in the face of adversity. How are you doing with standing? Would you describe your life as more like being tossed around in a storm, or more like travelling forward on an even keel?
2. What does your experience of life tell you about what you are standing on? How would you describe the fundamental beliefs (or shoes) on which you are standing?
3. The shield of faith in verse 16 has to be “taken up” to be effective. What temptations have hit you where you believed the truth of God and protected yourself from the attack of the Enemy?
4. What attacks of the Enemy have succeeded in your life? Where have you given in to temptation and paid a price for the lie you believed?
5. Verse 16 says that you (plural) can extinguish all the fiery darts of the Enemy with your faith. What can your small group do to keep your collective shields tight around each other so that you can all be protected? What do you do when a member of the group becomes isolated and maybe even falls under the attack of temptation?
Songs from Today
Unstoppable God by Chris Brown, Steven Furtick, and Wade Joye
Never Stop by Chris Franz and Mariah McManus
Give Me Faith by Mack Brock, Chris Brown, London Gatch, and Wade Joye
Starlight by Amanda Cook, Bobby Strand, Brian Johnson, and Lindsey Strand
Great Is Thy Faithfulness by Thomas Obediah Chisholm and William Marion Runyan