As believers, we must know and be absolutely committed to truth if we're going to stand against Satan because he is a liar and deceiver. So, truth is essential in the fight, but it must be backed up by righteous living. If we're living in sin, there's a chink/crack in our armor and Satan will exploit it.
This Week's Action Step:
Identify the area(s) of your life where you feel the most vulnerable to Satan's attack (what does Satan use most often to "hook" you).
Tell a trusted friend the truth about that this week so that they can pray for you, encourage you, and hold you accountable in that area.
Small Group Questions:
1. Satan is a liar and a deceiver. Can you think of a way (or some ways) Satan has lied to, or deceived you in the past that you’d be willing to share? If not, maybe you can give an example of how you’ve seen Satan lie to and deceive someone you know.
2. When Paul says that we need to “put on the belt of Truth” he’s essentially saying that we must know and be committed to truth if we’re going to stand against Satan. How can we do that? What can we do practically to know and be committed to truth in our lives?
3. Read Eph. 4:27. What are some ways that we end up “giving the devil opportunity” in our lives?
4. Read Romans 12:1-2 and Eph. 4:22-24. In these passages Paul seems to make a connection between transformation (right living) and a renewed mind. If that’s the case, what can we do to renew our minds so that we can walk in righteousness?
5. Part of the action step this week was to identify the area, or areas, of your life where you feel most vulnerable to Satan’s attack. Once you’ve done that, what boundaries can you put in place in that area as a safeguard against Satan’s attack? What other things can you implement in your life to help you “walk in righteousness?”
Songs from Today
The Lion And The Lamb by Brenton Brown, Brian Johnson, and Leeland Mooring
The War Is Over by James K. Manley
God With Us by Jim Bryson, Nathan Cochran, Barry Graul, Bart Millard, Mike Scheuchzer, and Robby Shaffer
I Will Exalt by Amanda Falk
Yes And Amen by Anthony Brown, Chris McClarney, and Nate Moore