Corporate worship is something God designed and planned for his people to practice regularly. However, by the time of Jesus worship had become something it was not intended to be. Jesus actually got really angry with some worshippers. Understanding why Jesus got so angry could help our worship when we gather as the church.
This Week's Action Step:
Build a healthy rhythm of worship into your life by making a commitment to be at church 3 to 4 times per month this year.
Small Group Questions:
1. Why is corporate worship important for followers of Jesus?
2. What do you most enjoy/look forward to about corporate worship here at the Vista?
3. What are some things we can do to make sure we’re ready (our hearts are prepared) for worship? How can we make sure our worship is reverent?
4. Read John 2:13-17. Jesus got really angry. Take a moment and discuss righteous indignation. When is it okay to be angry and what are appropriate ways to express that anger?
5. Read John 4:23-24. What does it mean to worship “in spirit and in truth?” What is the danger if one of those two things are missing in our worship?