Part Time - 15-25 hours/week
(based on experience & availability)
Vista Community Church is seeking a part time Communications Coordinator (CC). This person will serve the church’s mission by developing and overseeing effective teams and communication mediums that enable Vista to effectively communicate and celebrate its mission to the church and community.
These modes of communication would include, but would not be limited to the following:
- Print media
- Digital Media
- Social Media
- Digital Signage
- Sunday Announcements
The Communication Coordinator will work under the direction of the Executive Pastor.
- Recruit and oversee a volunteer Communications team.
- Supervise the Print Publications assistant.
- Oversee our paid and volunteer graphic designers
- Coordinate projects with the Production & Media Director
- Assist in special projects as directed by the Executive Pastor
“What Would I Be Doing On a Regular Basis?”
- Meet with ministry leads to determine a communication strategy for their upcoming events/campaigns (what should we say, how should we say it, where should it be said, and what will it look like.)
- Coordinate social media posts and engagement across all channels
- Coordinate ongoing graphic design projects between our designers and ministry staff
- Determine what content should be shared on a Sunday based on our communication strategy (pre-service slides, welcome, TV’s, chalkboard, etc)
- Share what God is doing behind the scenes with the rest of the church via social media
- Think through engaging content for monthly member emails
- Be a part of our story team to help capture how God is working in people’s lives (whether written, photographed, or on video.)
- Help to curate engaging and helpful content to share via our blog on a consistent basis
- Demonstrate knowledge and aptitude in communications which can transfer to a church context.
- Demonstrate effective recruiting and equipping of communications specialists/volunteers in various media.
- Some level of Graphic / Video Design is a huge perk.
- As the CC, participate in the mission of the church, be supportive of the leadership, and work to preserve the unity of the Body.
- Must be a Covenant Member at Vista
- Attend all Leadership Team, Ministry Team, and All-Staff meetings
Work Schedule & Benefits
- This position will be somewhere between 15-25 hours a week depending on the applicants availability and skill level.
- The standard office hours are Monday-Thursday, 9:00am to 5:00pm.
- From time to time there will be events outside of standard work hours where the CC’s weekly schedule will need to adjust accordingly.
- The selected applicant will accrue up to 5 Paid Days Off in a single year
- The hourly pay is to be determined based on qualifications and experience